Wednesday, August 1, 2007

End of an Era

Yes, it is the end of an era for us. Mike is staying with us for the last night tonight. Since we moved here almost 5 years ago, we have had the blessing of Mike and Peggy coming and staying with us when they visited. Not anymore! They will be living in a home of their own as of Sunday evening. I will miss having them as my guest. Right now Mike and John are in the living room playing guitar and singing. I love it.
I am not too sad though. This is really an answer to prayer. We have been praying for this move for over a year. It is going to be great having family living close by. I will get to see Austin often and watch him grow. I have made a promise to myself not to smother them when they get here. This may be hard to keep, especially in the beginning. But I can do it.

Peggy, Suzi and I will be heading out to Women of Faith, August 10Th. I can't wait. I don't know about them, but I need to be surrounded by some women filled with the spirit of God. There is such a wonderful feeling being amongst that many women worshipping the Lord.

I went to buy school supplies this evening for Maddie and Jacob. Yes, Jacob is starting Kindergarten. It was fun. It would be more fun if they were here to pick them out. I got Jacob this really cool camouflage backpack, which was a special request. And Maddie wanted folders with Puppies. Got those too.

Hey, where does the saying "sick as a dog" come from? I mean sick as what dog? How do you know how sick a dog is? If you know, fill me in.

God Bless you all, and remember His love endures forever!

No comments: