Monday, February 4, 2008

Nicaraugua ?

Dear Friends,

Last summer I had the strongest feeling that God was asking me to prepare myself for something big. Big for me anyway!. I was not sure exactly what it was, but felt it had something to do with a mission trip. The only people I told about this, beside my husband, was my small group and I asked them to pray for me, that I would be obedient to God's leading in this direction. Well, months have gone by and while I have thought of it often, those thoughts were usually that some how I had really misinterpreted the feelings that I had, because no door seem to open. But yesterday the door did open. I am not sure if I am to walk through it or not.
Our church announced a mission trip comng up to Nicaraugua. I immediatly asked God if this was it? Is this what He began preparing me for over 6 months ago? I am still not sure. But before I knew it I put my name on the "interested list"as I left church yesterday.
After coming home - I began to read about it, and think about it ... It is really hot there. I am not at all sure what I have to offer, how could I ever afford to go? Lots of unanswered questions.
But, years ago, many many years ago. I felt a strong urging by God to go out and serve him on the mission field. I did not. While He remained faithful to me during my direct disobedience, I have always felt like I let Him down. I will not again. So if this is what God wants, then He will work out my fears and finances. I ask that you pray for me and the decision that lies ahead. Pray I will know with assurance that this is meant to be. Pray for the others that are signed up to go. Pray for the hearts of those that this mission team will come in contact with. Pray!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aunt Dana,
I was in Nicaragua in August of '06 just before Daniel Ortega was elected President. I think we should talk. I would also highly recommend reading The Real Contra War: A Highlander Peasant Resistance before you go. That book helped me understand the political climate there. I constantly keep up with the state of affairs in that country and can tell you it is progressively getting worse and there is an ever strengthening hatred toward all things American, especially people. Maybe I am just an overprotective nephew. -Jeremy