Monday, February 25, 2008

I attended my first meeting yesterday regarding the Mission trip. I will admit I went half hoping that maybe something in the meeting would discourage me in my thinking that I am supposed to go on this trip. Didn't happen! I came away more convinced than ever that I am meant to go. So I am moving forward on faith. I am not at all sure how this is going to happen financially, but I am leaving that up to God. My daughter once told me, If God wants something to happen and we are faithful and obedient he will make it happen. Wise words.
Some details. . . We will leave on July 12th and return July 18th. We go to Managua and then journey over to Leon in the Northwestern region of Nicaragua. The people in these impoverished villages have many needs spiritually and physically. We will be serving them in many ways, youth crusades, bible classes and other ways once we determine who all is going and what talents we bring to the mission.
I am very excited and if you would like to help towards the cost of this mission, please make a donation to Pinnacle Church 90 Main Street, Canton, NC 28716. Please put my name on it, and the church will mail you a tax deduction form. I will continue to keep you all posted on this wonderful opportunity to share Christ.

No comments: