Sunday, April 1, 2007

UMM UMM...Coffee.

As I am writing this I am sipping a cup of the fresh brewed stuff. One of the most relaxing things I do is sit at the computer and drink a cup of coffee. I just wish I had more time to do it.

I read a book once, actually I have read it twice. That is how good it is and I recommend it to you. The book is titled Fresh- Brewed Life by Nicole Johnson. In this book she shares a lot of facts about coffee but more importantly she shares with us how we can have a fresh brewed life with Christ. A quote from the book that I treasure is this ... "Here's the promise of a fresh-brewed life: the Almighty wants to spend time with you, stirring your soul and waking you up."
My copy is highlighted, underlined and has notes in all the margins.

The reason I am going here tonight is this... This week I have felt in need of a fresh brewed life. I have let some things in the workplace bring me down, that, coupled with some family issues have consumed me in an unpleasant way. I realize though, that God is waiting to stir my soul and wake me up. In my prayer time tonight I was reminded that He is all I need to be refreshed. Just like we need to pour the cup of coffee and drink to be awaken, we need to pour His word into our hearts and be awakened by His spirit as it fills us up. Drink with me.

I will close with a little humor from Nicole's book.
Ten Signs you know you need a wake-up call to a fresh-brewed life:
1. You yelled at your minister last Sunday or ever.
2. You fell asleep at your own party.
3. You lobby for chocolate to be one of the four food groups.
4. Your husband doesn't want sex, and you're happy about that.
5. You called your best friend and strating chatting and she said, "Wo is this?"
6. The people you work with are asking when your next vacation is?
7. Your kids look forward to going to school?
8. Your idea of a good time is a coma.
9. You can't remember your last vacation.
10.You agreed to serve God, but only in anadvisory capacity.

No comments: